Small-Group Chiang Mai Mind & Soul Tour
Tours & Sightseeing
Embark on a spiritual journey through Chiang Mai, northern Thailand’s cultural capital. Visit sacred temples, offer alms to ‘make merit’, learn about religion from monks, and join them in meditation as you gain a better understanding of Buddhism and the central role it plays to the Thai people.
After being picked up from your hotel, set out along Suthep Road in a songthaew—a pickup truck converted to local public transport—until you arrive at Kad Ton Payom. A flea market known for its northern Thai cuisine, enjoy a traditional breakfast before stopping to offer alms to Buddhist monks, one of the oldest rituals in Buddhism.
Continue to Wat Umong, a 14th-century temple surrounded by lush, pristine forests. Explore the temple’s vast underground tunnels, wander among the statues of Buddha in the temple's tranquil gardens, and gain insight about Buddhism and Dharma from the resident abbot.
Your final stop takes you to Wat Suan Dok temple, where you can take a quiet moment to meditate alongside the Buddhist monks, and spend time with them as they teach you about religion and the rituals of their daily lives. Make merit with a Sangkha, or temple, offering before heading back to your hotel.Read More
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle