Private Thai Cooking Class in Traditional Home
Food & Drink
Spend some time whipping up Thai specialties and learning about the complicated flavors of this southeast Asian cuisine as you head to the home of a local home cook, Pea, and help prepare a tasty meal. Use ingredients from the garden and take home recipes on this private tour.
Get picked up from your hotel and make your way to the home of Pea, the daughter of Chinese and Thai parents who has been crafting her unique brand of Thai specialties since she was just a child. Start your day in the kitchen with a walk out to the garden, where you can help pick aromatic lemongrass and delicate handfuls of fresh basil.
Snack on fresh betel leaves with lime, coconut, and peanuts while you chat about the day's menu, and then get involved with hands-on lessons directed by Pea herself. Chop, mince, and mix up bowls of beef noodle soup, green chicken curry, and stir fried chicken with basil. Slide delicate fish into rich tomato sauce, find out how to cook rice noodles perfectly, and put the finishing touches on sweet tooth-satisfying desserts like creamy coconut ice cream or decadent mango sticky rice.
Sit down in the dining room to enjoy your finished meal, chat with Pea about her time growing up and living in Chiang Mai, and then part ways with your new cooking companion, picking up a few recipes to take back home before you leave.Read More
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle