Kad Suan Kaew Department store is the oldest of the shopping malls in Chiang Mai, but has a variety of shops, restaurants, discount stores and electronics stalls. While there are not many brand name shops in Kad Suan Kaew, it does offer many export shops (popular brand clothing with the labels cut out) and a western style supermarket, Tops, which stocks bread, cheese, alcohol and many other imported items. The basement floor has a small, simple food court and a few mobile phone shops, while the first, second and third floors have clothing, health, beauty and restaurants. On the fourth floor there is a popular bowling alley and an old cinema which only plays Thai films.
Kad Suan Kaew Department store is centrally located on Huey Kaew Road in an old, red brick building. It has a large parking lot for cars as well as a covered parking garage, and secure motorbike parking for 5 Baht. The Lotus Pang Suan Kaew Hotel is situated directly behind the Department store and the two are connected by a door. The Chiang Mai Orchid Hotel is next door and it’s easy to walk directly to the department store.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle