Jing Jai Market is a little north of Chiang Mai’s old city and a pleasant area to relax and sip a coffee. Not to be confused with the JJ (otherwise known as Chatuchak) market in Bangkok, Chiang Mai’s JJ market is much more relaxed. Most of the time Jing Jai market is just a small collection of cafes, restaurants and bars on the outskirts of town. Every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday morning (6:00 – 9:00) there is a small market with local Thai’s selling organic vegetables and handmade handicrafts.
If you are tired of being in the touristic areas of Chiang Mai, then Jing Jai Market will offer you a glimpse into the more peaceful side of Thailand. Walk around the cute shopping complex, choose a café to relax in and read a book. Across the road from Jing Jai Market is Chiang Mai’s largest plant and garden market and also a great place to explore as there are many varieties of plants native to Southeast Asia.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Jing Jai Market
- Opening Hours: Jing Jai shopping complex – daily 10:00 -18:00, Wednesday and Saturday markets 6:00 – 9:00, Sunday market 6:00 – 12:00
- Location: 45 Assadathon Road, Chiang Mai