Nimmanhaemin (Nimman) Road
Nimman Area in Chiang Mai
Nimmanhaemin Road, as well as the surrounding area that’s normally just called ‘Nimman’ – is by far the coolest neighbourhood in Chiang Mai. It’s been bubbling away for a good few years now as the new ‘alternative’ tourism and leisure hotspot in Chiang Mai, with trendy restaurants, cafes, bars and boutique hotels already all well-discovered by the locals and Thai holiday makers. It definitely gives Chiang Mai a new angle, far removed from the traditional Thai sensibilities found in other areas of Thailand’s premier northern city.
Nimman is not as conveniently located as the prominent Tha Phae Gate or Night Bazaar, nor does it have as many cheap hostels and guesthouses. However, that does not mean it is only reserved for the wealthy Thais, with plenty of tourist-friendly bars and restaurants opening up, as well as a handful of hip boutique hostels and hotels, where you might only be paying a few hundred baht more than some backpacker worn-out guesthouses in the Old City.
We’ve categorized the Nimman area as anything walking distance from the main road Nimmanhaemin Road itself (5-10 minutes), which runs south from Maya Shopping Mall on Huay Kaew Road, cutting through the city’s bustling university area towards the airport, all of which is huddled in the shadows of the towering Doi Suthep Mountain towards the west.
Find our Top 10 Attractions, Hotels, Nightlife, Restaurants and Shopping in Nimman below!Read More
- Excursion to Ancient Temples
- Night Safari Tour
- Arts & Crafts Half-Day Tour
- Sankampaeng Countryside Cycling Tour with Hot Springs
- 2-Day Golf Tour with Zipline Excursion
- Private Thai Cooking Class in Traditional Home
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Tour of Chiang Mai Night Bazaar
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Ancient City of Wiang Kum Kam & Wat Chiang Man