The Roof is a rooftop bar located in Riverside Chiang Mai, on the top of Sala Lanna Chiang Mai Hotel. The Roof offers panoramic views of the Ping River, Chiang Mai and even Doi Suthep temple on the mountain. Being located at the edge of the river gives The Roof a fresh breeze and the rooftop tends to be cooler than the street level. The Roof bar has a variety of seating, from long benches with low tables, to stools at the bar as well as pool loungers if you want to really relax. The vista is also impressive because the bar has 360 degree views.
In the daytime, the rooftop and swimming pool area is open to guests of the hotel only but after 18:00 the bar opens to visitors from outside. Cocktails start at 290 Baht and from 18:00–19:30 there is a ‘buy one get one free’ happy hour on all drinks. The Roof area is decorated with lanterns and candles after sunset and sometimes there is live music on a stage next to the pool. For a relaxing nightcap with great views of Chiang Mai, The rooftop bar at Sala Lanna Hotel is one of our favourites.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
- Opening Hours: Fri - Sun 18:00 - 23:00
- Address: Sala Lanna Chiang Mai, 49 Charoenrat Road
- Tel: +66 (0)53 242 588