Tha Change Café Chiang Mai is an outdoor bar popular with Thais. The entrance has a row of surfboards lined up to make a wall and inside there is a large tree with bright lanterns hanging from the branches. It is located about 5 minutes north of the old city near Chiang Mai's JJ market. While there aren't many foreigners, Tha Chang Cafe is a great place to experience Chiang Mai’s local nightlife and foreigners who do visit are welcomed with a smile. The bar can get really busy on Friday and Saturday nights when there is live music, with the crowd spilling out into the street. Get there early if you want to find a seat.
Tha Chang Cafe means 'the elephant' and is a play on Chang beer. The cafe has a large drink selection that has a full menu of cocktails, local beers (starting at 60 Baht) and whiskey bottles (starting at 180 Baht) for sale. There is a small menu of Thai food available, mostly consisting of beer snacks. Tha Chang also serves Thailand’s famous 'buckets', which is a large cocktail served in a small bucket (between 200-300 Baht) and is the most popular among visitors.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Tha Chang Café
- Opening Hours: 18:00- 00:0
- Location: 45, JJ Market Project, Assadathon Road
- Tel: +66 (0) 5324 0123