Monkey Club Chiang Mai is a vibrant bar and club in the Nimmanhaemin area of Chiang Mai. This is one of the most popular nightspots in the whole city, with an expansive outdoor terrace area hosting live bands and a dark inside club section that pumps out house and trance to an excited audience of mostly Thai university students. Travellers are definitely outnumbered at Monkey Club but everyone is very friendly and anyone who takes the time to come to this cool corner of Chiang Mai will feel as though they are getting a taste of the real clubbing scene – young, trendy, and not a Chang Beer T-shirt in sight. From the Old City, Nimmarnhenin is around 15 minutes away and a tuk tuk should cost around 100 baht.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Food is served in the terrace area, with surprisingly good Thai basics (considering this is principally a nightclub) such as shrimp cakes, grilled pork, noodle dishes for around 150 baht. Occasionally Monkey Club hosts famous Thai rock bands, but on any given night the roster of house bands is very accomplished and plays a mix of Thai pop songs and classic western hits. The music is loud making conversation difficult, but most people come here dressed up and ready to party which means dancing is more popular than chatting.
The nightclub section of Monkey Club is hidden within soundproof glass and pumps bass heavy tunes out to an enthusiastic crowd until 02:00. Drink prices are reasonable with beers under 100 baht and a bottle of Johnny Walker Red Label for under 1,000 baht. The Nimmanhaemin university district of Chiang Mai is famous for its nightlife scene and Monkey Club is the biggest and best club for a great night out.
- Opening Hours: 20:00 - 02:00
- Address: Nimmanhaemin 9 Road, Chiang Mai (7 ถ. นิมมานเหมินทร์ ต. สุเทพ อ.เมือง จ.เชียงใหม่)
- Tel: +66 (0) 5322 6997 8