HOBS Chiang Mai closed and reopened as Beer Lab.
HOBS (which stands for House of Beers) is the best beer garden in Chiang Mai for beer enthusiasts. The large open air garden is located on one of Chiang Mai’s trendiest streets, Nimman road, and has a friendly and enthusiastic vibe to the place. HOBS is mainly decorated with wood and feels very modern, more like Bangkok than Chiang Mai.
Their beer menu consists of over 20 pages of imported craft beer from all around the world, and the variety is impressive. From American and Australian to various European and Japanese beers, and they also have cocktails and wine for non-beer drinkers. Popular drinks include Belgian favourites Hoegaarden, Leffe and Stella, along with Guinness and German white beer, Erdinger.
The selection is also reasonably well priced with imported bottles starting around 200 Baht (imported beers are taxed highly in Thailand which makes them more expensive than domestic beers). HOBS Chiang Mai also has a separate, and equally large food menu comprising of great steaks, sausages and snacks, as well as a variety of Thai dishes. On Friday and Saturday nights HOBS is packed, so if you are a large group you should call ahead of time to reserve a table.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
- Opening Hours: Daily 18:00 – 00:00
- Location: Nimman road, Soi 12 (in Kantary Terrace), Chiang Mai, 50200
- Tel: +66 (0)53 289 313