Rising high above the Night Bazaar, Le Meridien in Chiang Mai offers five star luxury in an unbeatable location with great views over the city and into the hills beyond.
What We Loved
• Fantastic location right next to the Chiang Mai Night Bazaar
• Pool Bar offers great views of the city, especially as sunset
• Beds so soft and comfortable you won't want to get up in the morning
• Bathroom sound system so you can shower to music or the news
• Hotel stands tall so it is easy to find your way back after a day of exploring
• Plenty of choice at the large breakfast buffet
• A short ten minute walk to the old city walls
• Complimentary visit to the Borsang Umbrella Making Centre
What You Should Know
• Free Wi-Fi available in the lobby only
• Fifteen minutes from the airport
• Night Bazaar runs every night from dusk until 23:00
What Our Experts Say About This Hotel:
There is no missing Le Meridien Hotel in Chiang Mai. Taller than most other buildings in the Night Bazaar quarter of the city, its yellow facade glows during the day and lights up in the evening. Not only is the location great for making the most of shopping at the stalls and markets that set up every evening, it is also handy for the old town (ten minutes) and riverside (five minutes). Once you step through the doors you will forget all about the noise of the busy streets outside; Le Meridien is a real haven. There is a large lobby with plenty of comfy sofas which lead to Latitude 18 bar, a perfect spot for a chic chilled-out coffee or beer. If you are looking for something more substantial, check out Favola restaurant for hearty Italian fare. The pool looks out onto Doi Sutep Mountain, a great sunset spot with a cocktail from Plunge pool bar.
The 383 rooms are simply and tastefully decorated, letting the impressive vista of the surrounding city do the talking, with plenty of natural light coming through the large windows. Deluxe rooms are a spacious 38 square metres with either a king-size or twin beds, desk space with a comfy sofa in the window nook. Le Meridien's beds are definitely some of the cosiest we have ever slept in, with 300 count cotton duvets, plenty of cushions and a mattress that cocoons you after a day of sightseeing or travelling. The bathrooms have a separate shower and bathtub.
This Hotel is recommended for: » Shopping, » Couples, » Sightseeing