Tong Restaurant and Bar is a highly rated Northern Thai restaurant that’s easy to spot thanks to an enticing barbeque grill outside the entrance. Tong, also called Tong Tem Toh, is one of the most popular restaurants for Thai’s in the Nimman area. From 17:00 when they open there are customers trying to beat the queue that forms from opening time until late. You can’t reserve a table in advance so be prepared to wait for up to an hour for a table, but the authentic northern Thai food is worth the wait.
Tong Restaurant and bar is an open air restaurant with a range of wooden tables to sit at. The menu is in Thai with a simplified English translation so it is recommended to go with Thai friends who can order for you. Recommended dishes include the grilled pork neck, Nam Prig Ong (which is a Chiang Mai special chili dip) and the spicy chicken curry. Dishes range from 50-100 Baht and most are very spicy. The menu is extensive and it’s a good idea to order a few different dishes to share. You can also order beer and mixers from the accompanying bar.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Tong Restaurant and Bar
- Opening Hours: 17:00 - 23:00
- Location: Soi 13, Nimmanhaemin Road
- Tel: +66 (0)53 894 701