The Service 1921 - Anantara Chiang Mai Resort
Cool Riverside Restaurant and Whiskey Bar0
The Service 1921 is a classy bar and restaurant on the grounds of the Anantara Chiang Mai Resort in Chiang Mai. The land and building was originally built in 1921 by the British government and was the first location of the British consulate in Chiang Mai. It is no longer the consulate but the building has kept its stylish British interior.
The outside of the building looks like a simple elegant Thai building with a large shallow pool in front. The inside of the restaurant is decorated to reflect the buildings past, with dark teak tables, a large book shelf and low lighting for a secretive feel – think James Bond’s favourite cocktail bar and you won’t be far off.
The menus at the Service 1921 come in top secret envelopes and the menu is stamped with 'For your eyes only'. There are three different menus depending on the time of day you arrive at The Service 1921. The lunch menu is available from 11:30 until 14:30 and offers a range of Asian foods and desserts – the Durian and sticky rice is highly recommended.
The dinner menu starts at 18:00 until 23:00 and offers hard-to-find dishes such as Tom Sab Nua (Northern soup with braised beef knuckle) for 200 Baht and grilled eggplant and crab meat salad at 233 Baht as well as many other Asian specialties. Prices do not include tax or service charge. The wine list and selection of single malt whiskey is probably the best in all of Chiang Mai.Read More
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
The Service 1921
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 11:30 – 01:00
- Location: Anantara Chiang Mai Resort, 123-123/1 Charoen Prathet Road, Changklan, Chiang Mai 50100
- Tel: +66 53 253 333