Paak Dang restaurant is a romantic spot with a range of great food right by the river. Overlooking the Mae Ping River it is recommended to visit around sunset to experience the relaxing ambiance of an evening beside the calm water. From the outside it is hard to spot as the kitchen is located near the road but the restaurant consists of an outdoor area with some covered seating in a wooden Thai-style house. There is a landscaped waterfall arrangement in the outdoor area as well as a small stage for live music to set a relaxed tone.
Paak Dang restaurant was opened by two Singaporeans trying to provide employment and livelihood skills to hill tribe people. The restaurant started with four staff and has now grown to over 20. The menu has a range of popular Thai dishes, including some that are not easy to find. Popular favourites are the duck curry in a rich sauce, pineapple curry with prawns and Seua Rong Hai: thinly sliced grilled beef with a spicy sauce. The wide selection of curries cost around 150 Baht with an extra 20 Baht for rice and beer costs about 100 Baht for a large bottle so Paak Dang is excellent value for money when you consider the quality of the food.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Paak Dang Restaurant
- Opening Hours: 17:00 - 23:00
- Location: 46/1 A Wang Sing Kham Rd
- Tel: +66 (0) 94 629 1319