Khao Soi Khun Yai is a popular restaurant famous for its Khao Soi dish. It is very popular and often busy so be prepared to wait for a seat and your meal. The Khao Soi with chicken is 30 Baht (or 35 Baht for the large portion) and cooked with an authentic recipe including coconut milk. You can also order it with pork or beef. As well as Khao Soi there are a few other noodle dishes available including rice noodles in a clear soup, Ba Mee noodles and a spicy noodle soup. There are also 15 Baht iced juice drinks with the choice of lotus root, longan or guava juice.
Khao Soi Khun Yai is not easy to find and only open from 10:00 until 14:00 each day. Sometimes on busy days the Khao Soi runs out so it’s best to go early. The restaurant area is a basic Thai restaurant situated outdoors with plastic chairs. It can be hot in summer as there are no fans or air conditioning. Khao Soi Khun Yai is located under a green awning and it is often busy with people and motorbikes which helps new visitors spot the restaurant.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Khao Soi Khun Yai
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 14:00 (closed Sundays)
- Location: Sripoom Road, directly after Sripoom soi 8