Khao Soi Islam is a popular local Khao Soi restaurant close to the river, Warowot Market and Chiang Mai’s Mosque. It is run by Muslim Thai’s and serves a variety of Southern Thai dishes that have a Muslim influence. Khao Soi is the most popular dish at Khao Soi Islam but other popular dishes include the Thai style dumplings, beef massaman curry and a plate of chicken satay that come with a thick peanut sauce.
While the staff at Khao Soi Islam speak limited English, there is an English and Chinese menu available and food is often served with a smile. The restaurant has a wooden exterior but inside is plain white with wooden tables and metal seats. Khao Soi with chicken starts at 30 Baht and dishes are served quickly, although ordering can sometimes take time. There is a small shelf at the front of Khao Soi Islam where you can buy snacks and also a takeaway stall with an umbrella out front to help you spot the restaurant. Khao Soi Islam is often open during Thai holidays as well as over Ramadan, so it a good place to go if one of the other popular Khao Soi places are closed.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Khao Soi Islam
- Opening Hours: 8:00 - 17:00
- Location: 22-24 Soi 1, Charoenprathet Road, Changklan