Huen Phen restaurant is famous for its Khao Soi noodle soup dish. During lunch times this is the main dish that Huen Phen serves, but they also have a range of other traditional snacks and Northern dishes such as jackfruit salad and sticky rice (40 Baht), and ‘Aeb Pla’ fish grilled with sweet basil and wrapped in a banana leaf (50 Baht). Because Huen Phen restaurant is well known it can be quite busy with Thai and foreign guests during lunch hours so be prepared to wait or arrive early.
Huen Phen restaurant opens twice a day. In the daytime they serve in an open canteen style area and there are lots of customers around. In the evenings Huen Phen changes into a romantic restaurant with low lighting and antique decorations. A different part of the restaurant is opened which can be reached by walking down an outdoor landscaped pathway and an old entrance door. The menu is also different in the evenings with more variety of central Thai dishes but Khao Soi curry is still available.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Huen Phen Restaurant
- Opening Hours: 8:30 – 16:00 and 17:00 – 22:00 daily
- Location: 112 Rachamankha Road
- Tel: +66 (0) 538 145 48