The Gallery restaurant is right on the riverside and an architectural gem of Chiang Mai. Built in 1892 by an immigrant from China the building started off as a silk shop, then became the family home before finally becoming a restaurant. The front part of the building is an art gallery and shop selling homeware and arts, while at the back is a charming open air restaurant overlooking the Ping River. The Gallery restaurant has been decorated with teak wood in a traditional Lanna style. Both the building and the restaurant have won numerous awards over the years including an 'Outstanding Conservation Award', 'The Best of Asia' from TIME magazine and even Thailand’s Best Restaurants by some international publications.
The Gallery restaurant serves mostly Thai food but also has an international section of their menu. Popular dishes include the Tom Yum Gung (spicy lemongrass soup with shrimp), Som Tam (papaya salad) and their beef, pork or lamb fondue set. The quality and freshness of their ingredients is what makes the food here so tasty, and the chefs are adept at tailoring dishes to foreigner’s specifications. They also serve wine by the glass (130 Baht) or bottle (starting at 1000 Baht) and have a good range of desserts. The Gallery restaurant is a good place to have a romantic meal in Chiang Mai.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
The Gallery Restaurant
- Opening Hours: 17:00 - 22:00
- Location: 9-11 Charoenrat Road, Soi 4
- Tel: +66 (0) 53 248 601