Free Bird Cafe is a colourful cafe just outside the city moat on a street corner. Their menu is extensive and has a mixture of Thai, Burmese and western dishes as well as coffee and fruit smoothies. Recommended dishes include Burmese tea leaf salad (60 Baht) and the banana, peanut butter and chocolate smoothie (80 Baht) ad a large portion of Khao Soi (100 Baht), and all dishes are made using ingredients sourced from local vendors and producers...
Free Bird Cafe is more than just a cafe, it is actually part of Thai Freedom House: social enterprise offering education, livelihood skills and English language skills to Burmese migrants and refugees. All profits from the Free Bird Cafe go to the Thai Freedom House organisation which has been working to offer the migrants and refugees a better future. The café helps Thai Freedom House train students in the hospitality industry as well as giving staff a chance to practice their English. The cafe closes at 17:00 so last orders are usually at 16:30 and the cafe is closed on Sunday and Monday.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Free Bird Cafe
- Opening Hours: 9:00 - 17:00 (Closed Sunday and Monday)
- Location: 116 Maneenoparat Road
- Tel: +66 (0) 81 028 5383