Café de Nimman is a Thai restaurant popular with locals and tourists who want to try different dishes from the Chiang Mai area. The menu is large and offers all the traditional Thai dishes, from creamy coconut curries and fried rice, to fresh seafood and many varieties of papaya salad.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Menu at Café de Nimman
Popular dishes to try are the soft shell grilled salad (150 baht), stir fried squid with chilli paste (150 baht) or Tom Yam Goong (spicy shrimp soup with coconut milk - 180 baht). For the more adventurous, try the stir fried pork liver with black pepper (135 baht), a dish not served in many English-speaking restaurants, or Chiang Mai’s famous northern curry – Khao Soi (110 baht). There are also lots of spaghetti dishes on Café de Nimman’s menu, which are good for children and less adventurous eaters.
Despite the name, Café de Nimman is a restaurant and bar. It serves a range of beers, whiskies, cocktails and wines (although there is one coffee drink on the menu, too). The restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor seating areas, large tables for families and colourful indoor decoration. It used to be located on Nimmanhaemin Road, but became so popular that it moved to a larger location to soi 13, off Sirimankalajarn Road – just a couple of streets away. Its new location has more seating and a large car park. It’s usually full during the evenings and weekends, but Café de Nimman is open from 11:00, so it's a good place for lunch, too.
Café de Nimman
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 22:00
- Address: 23 Soi 13, Sirimangkalajarn Road, Nimman
- Tel: +66 (0)53 218 405
- Cuisine: Thai
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Cafedenimman