Asama Cafe is a small coffee shop with a great view of Doi Suthep Mountain. It is about a 15 minute drive from the old city and hidden in a gated community. It is hard to find but worth it if you are looking for hidden gem. The cafe itself is one small room with four stools and a large, shiny, imported coffee machine. There are more seats in the outdoor area, including a two person swinging bench, which overlook a pond and the mountain.
While Asama Cafe is far from the Old City of Chiang Mai it is worth the journey for coffee enthusiasts. Asama’s owner Mook is one of Thailand’s judges for the national barista championships and serves up very good coffee from a blend of imported beans. Her Café is a place for her to practice her art. A cappuccino costs 60 Baht and the menu at Asama Cafe also has some interesting coffee options including a sparkling espresso and espresso con panna both at 90 Baht.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
- Opening Hours: 8:00 -16:00 (closed 1st and 15th day of the month)
- Location: 122/128 Chiang Mai Lakeland, Chiang Mai
- Tel: +66 815305388