Akha Ama cafe opened in 2010 and is a cosy cafe down a hidden soi in the Santitham area, north of the Old City. There is an air conditioned indoor area and a leafy outdoor area, shaded by trees. The cafe works as a social enterprise, so the coffee farmers are given a fair wage and all profits go back to the village that grows the beans. Most of the staff and the founder of Akha Ama come from the hill tribe village and are very knowledgeable about coffee. The cafe as well as the founder, Lee Ayu, have become quite famous in Thailand and on weekends and public holidays the cafe is busy with visitors.
Although there are a range of hot and cold drinks served at Akha Ama Café Chiang Mai, the main focus being on coffee. As well as machine made coffee (a hot americano costing 40 Baht), cold brew, coffee jelly and pour over coffee options are also available. Akha Ama cafe also has a small range of cakes including blueberry cheesecake at 65 Baht.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Akha Ama Café
- Opening Hours: 8:00 - 18:00 (closed Wednesday)
- Location: 9/1 Mata Apartment, Hassadhisawee Road, Soi 3 Chang Phuak
- Tel: +66 (0)86 915 8600