Wat Phraphutthabat Si Roi is a beautiful temple built near the place that pilgrims found four different footprints believing to be made by Buddha. The footprints are housed in a separate building to the temple and the largest footprint is close to 3 metres, while the smaller ones look more realistic. Wat Phraphutthabat Si Roi is located in Mae Rim, about an hour away from Chiang Mai city and in the countryside. It is not easy to find as you need to drive through rice paddies and small villages but at the entrance there is a large stone Buddha to mark the way.
Wat Phraphutthabat Si Roi is ornately decorated with gold, inside and out and has impressive black and gold naga snake decorations around the temple. The temple grounds have a variety of different Buddha statues, gardens, a grand entrance arch and a large parking area. There is also a coffee shop nearby called Nine Coffee, which is well signposted in case you cannot find the temple itself.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Wat Phraphutthabat Si Roi
- Opening Hours: Daily
- Location: Sa Luang Subdistrict, Mae Rim