Wat Lok Molee is an older temple in Chiang Mai which features a 14th century chedi, manicured garden area and an impressive prayer hall. Located just outside of the Old City moat area, Wat Lok Molee is not visited as often as other temples and therefore sometimes visitors can be alone in the whole temple grounds. The complex has the prayer hall, a range of small stupas (replicas of other stupas in Thailand) and an old chedi in the back. The entrance to Wat Lok Molee is guarded by two impressive stone elephants, although there is a second larger entrance for cars and motorbikes to enter.
There is lots to see at Wat Lok Molee, including interesting statues, Buddha images, elephants and it is a good place for photos. Look out for the intricate mosaics on the main halls walls and for different images from Hinduism or Chinese Buddhism. There is also a small coffee shop located on the grounds and it is a good place to sit and take the peaceful atmosphere in. The coffee shop has hot and iced drinks (costing between 30-40 Baht) and a few snacks.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Wat Lok Molee
- Opening Hours: daily sunrise – 17:00
- Location: 298/1 Manee Nopparat Road