Suan Buak Haad Park is Chiang Mai’s most popular park with a lots of grassy areas to sit and relax. The park is located in the south west corner of the old city and is the only natural area inside the moat. Suan Buak Haad Park has three large ponds in the middle with a walking path circling all around the ponds and small bridges to get from one side of the park to the other. Close to the middle of the park is a coffee shop with Wi-Fi and air conditioning. They sell coffee, tea cakes and fruit smoothies starting at 40 Baht.
There are lots of benches and some grassy areas to sit and relax in the afternoon sun. You can rent bamboo mats for 10 baht to sit on from the vendors throughout the park and most vendors also sell fresh coconuts and bottled water. There are lots of activities going on in Suan Buak Haad Park. Every evening at sunset a group of Thai takraw players meet to kick around the small bamboo ball, and a few afternoons a week the park is host to a group of Acro yoga. Both are open to the public so if you see either group you can ask to join in.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Suan Buak Haad Park
- Opening Hours: 6:00 - 21:00
- Location: The south west corner of Bumrung Buri and Bunreuang Road, Old City Chiang Mai