The Queen Sirikit Botanical Garden is located 30 minutes north of Chiang Mai, along the windy road to Samoeng. The Botanical Garden Chiang Mai was opened in 1992 and is a centre to promote research, biodiversity and allow visitors to see the most diverse natural plants that Thailand has to offer. The Garden is set in a valley surrounded by rainforest and there is a whole range of different areas to visit. Visitors can walk around the flower gardens, banana path or enter one of the many different greenhouses – Savanna House, Orchid House or the Carnivorous Plant House. Another highlight of the gardens is a 400 metre canopy walkway which is suspended over the jungle canopy and gives an enlightening perspective of nature from high up in the air.
There is the option to take your motorbike (30 Baht) or car (50 Baht) into Queen Sirikit Botanical Garden if you don’t feel like walking around the area. The entire gardens are huge and you will need transportation if you want to see it all in one day. Don’t worry of you don’t have your own car or motorbike because they have a shuttle bus to use which has stops at each section.
Entrance to the Botanical Garden costs 50 Baht per person and you get a free map to help you get around. Outside the Botanical Garden is a coffee shop, gift shop and parking area if you prefer to walk rather than drive around the gardens. You should plan at least 3 hours to visit Queen Sirikit Botanical Gardens but you could spend the whole day here there is so much to see.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Queen Sirikit Botanical Gardens
- Opening Hours: 8:30 - 16:30
- Location: 100 moo 9, mae ram Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai 50180
- Tel: +66 (0)53 841 000