Chiang Mai Night Safari
Chiang Mai Attractions and National Parks0
Chiang Mai Night Safari - Modeled after a the Singapore Night Safari, the Chiang Mai Night Safari park is part of the Thai government’s huge multi-million baht plan to increase Chiang Mai's attraction to tourists. The concept of the park is to provide visitors with a thrilling experience similar to being out in the wilderness at night.
Apart from touring the three animal zones – Savanna Safari, Predator Prowl, Jaguar Trail – via an open-sided tram or on foot, enjoy a range of activities designed to keep you entertained throughout your visit, from hand-feeding wild animals and petting tiger cubs to a laser light show and ‘dancing’ fountain.Read More
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Feature Attractions at Chiang Mai Night Safari
Chiang Mai Night Safari’s three animal zones are set around the lake; two (Savanna Safari and Predator Prowl) are accessible via open-sided safari trams and one (Jaguar Trail) is a walking trail that you can wander along at your own pace.
- Savanna Safari (open 18:00-23:00): A journey through the wild African savannas. This 2.4-km trail south of the lake is inhabited mostly by herbivores and prey animals, such as giraffes, zebras, antelopes, lamas, rhinoceros, elephants and various species of Asian and African wild deer. The tour of the Savanna Safari lasts 30 minutes, in an open-sided tram.
- Predator Prowl (open 18:00-23:00): Encounter the kings and queens of the jungle. East of the lake, the 2.4-km tram route cuts into the heart of the wilderness inhabited by some of the world’s fiercest predators, whether Bengal tigers, pumas, lions, hyenas, vultures, bears, as well as rare prey animals, such as goats, wild boars, wallabies and deer. The tram ride takes 30 minutes.
- Jaguar Trail (open 11:00-23:00): A nice stroll around the lake. This landscaped jungle trail takes you through a range of the wild habitats of flamingos, tortoises and ducks, emus, white-striped tigers and jaguars.
What to see and do at Chiang Mai Night Safari
There’s more to the night safari than exploring the three animal zones. You can hand-feed the animals, take photographs with the tiger cubs, shop for cute souvenirs, test your physical coordination at the dancing fountain (Fun Plaza), or enjoy the laser light show (highly recommended) after dark.
- Fun Plaza: Have a splashing good time. This 13.5-metre wide circular fountain shoots up water at an erratic rhythm. You can jump, hop or dance, but the key is timing your move right and you won’t end up getting soaking wet. The Fun Plaza is ideal for cooling off on a scorching hot day.
- Laser light show: This is no crowd-pleasing gimmick but rather one of the most memorable shows you will see at the night safari. It comprises the musical fountain and the water screen along with stunning light and sound effects, timed perfectly to the rhythm of the soundtrack. Many visitors confirm that the laser light show is the best part of their experience here.
Chiang Mai Night Safari - Useful tips
- Plan your visit ahead of time, as the three animal zones have different opening times. African Savana and Predator Prowl are evening zones and open from 18:00 to 23:00, while the day zone (Jaguar Trail) is open from 11:00 to 23:00.
- Although the park is open at 11:00, it’s better to go after sunset, when you will see more animals in action and also watch the water laser light show at the lake.
- The English-language tram starts after 19:45, so plan to arrive around this time if you don’t understand Thai.
- The laser light show has two rounds: 20:00 and 21:00.
Chiang Mai Night Safari - The night safari offers three types of tickets, each allowing various levels of access throughout the park.
- Type 1: Single Entry + Jaguar Trail + Laser Light Show
- Type 2: Single Entry + Jaguar Trail + Laser Light show + two Tram Rides (Savanna Safari and Predator Prowl)
- Type 3: Single Entry + Jaguar Trail + Laser Light Show + two Day-time Tram Rides (Savanna Safari and Predator Prowl) + two Nighttime Tram Rides (Savanna Safari and Predator Prowl)
Chiang Mai Night Safari
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 11.00 – 23.00
- Location: Hangdong, southwest of Chiang Mai International Airport (about 12km from the city)
- How to get there: It’s best to hire a red songtaeow from the city centre. Negotiate the price before getting on one.