Mon Jam is a beautiful mountain top viewpoint and restaurant that has views over the Mae Rim Valley and Royal Project farms. Mon Jam is about an hour’s drive away from Chiang Mai and can be reached by car or motorbike. The road going up to the view point is quite steep so it is not recommended for new drivers. Mon Jam is located close to the Mae Sa Valley and along highway 1096 to Samoeng. Mon Jam is sometimes written as Mon Cham which can be confusing when driving there.
The top of Mon Jam has a restaurant, a parking area and lots of scenic places to sit, admire the 360 degree view or take photos. There are lots of flowers being grown there so at most times of the year the top of Mon Jam is very colourful. You can also wander through a Royal Project farm and see most of the other farms from the mountain top. The restaurant at Mon Jam serves mostly Thai food and salads and there are bamboo huts with great views to sit and eat in. The menu changes regularly and is written on a white board in Thai. There is some English translation but there is also a basic English menu available. Part of the restaurant is a coffee shop which serves hot drinks for around 60 Baht and iced for 80 Baht. The weekends are very busy with visiting Thai families so weekdays are a better time to visit.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
- Opening Hours: Daily 10:00 – sunset
- Tel: 22/8 Moo 7, Mon Jam Royal Project, just off Highway 1096