Mae Rim is a small town packed with tourist attractions just north of Chiang Mai. While Mae Rim town consists of one long busy road, there are lots of unseen hotels, restaurants and activities hidden down the side streets of the town. The most popular area of Mae Rim is highway 1096 which goes though Mae Sa Valley, also known as the start of the Samoeng Loop. The Samoeng Loop is a popular day trip for motorcycle riders and adventure seekers as there are lots of extreme sports along highway 1096. There is also the popular Mae Sa Waterfall, Queen Sirikit Botanical Garden, Mae Sa Elephant Camp, and the Elephant Poo Poo Paper Park.
Getting to Mae Rim is simple. Take the highway 107 north out of Chiang Mai and you will reach the city within 15 minutes. If you know where you are going then you can hire a Songtaew (pickup truck taxi) to drive you there, but if you want to explore the area it is better to hire a scooter as Mae Rim is hard to explore by foot. Also located in Mae Rim is the Four Seasons Resort, Mae Sa Snake Farm and the popular hilltop destination of Mon Chaem which offers stunning natural views from a mountaintop.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
- Location: Mae Rim, Chiang Mai province