The Lanna Folklife Museum is an interesting museum full of exhibitions about the lives, history and culture of the Lanna people of northern Thailand. The museum (also called the Lanna Heritage Centre) is located opposite the three Kings Monument in the middle of the old city, and sits inside the old municipal court of Chiang Mai. The building has been renovated and now looks like a white colonial style building, and despite the exterior the museum offers a lot of information about the city’s history in English, Thai and Chinese.
Inside the Lanna Folklife Museum are 18 different exhibitions presenting displays about how life was in the past. While there aren’t many historical artefacts in the museum itself, there are detailed scenes of everyday life with life size wax dolls dressed in traditional costumes. The museum has two floors but is still rather small in size and usually an hour will be enough time to see everything and take photos. Tickets cost 90 Baht for adults and 40 Baht for children, and this museum is included in the three in one museum pass which costs 180 Baht for adults and 80 Baht for children.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
- Opening Hours: 8:30 – 17:00 Tuesday – Sunday
- Address: Prapokklao Road, Old City, Chiang Mai
- Tel: +66 (0) 53 217 793