Huay Tung Tao is a large lake with bamboo huts to relax in while overlooking mountains of Doi Pui. Huey Tung Tao is about a 20 minute drive from downtown Chiang Mai and offers a beautiful, peaceful setting away from the busy city. To enter Huay Tung Tao costs 20 Baht per person and there is parking available just to the right of the entrance. Huay Tung Tao lake has a two lane road running in a circle all the way around it which is perfect for cyclists, joggers and people wishing to walk. The circle is about 4KM and many runners start from Canal Road (where there is another parking place) so that they can run a complete 5KM. The water in the lake is not very clean but at certain points near the bamboo bungalows you can swim or dip your feet in the water.
Because of the scenery many people come to Huay Tung Tao for the day and have lunch at one of the many restaurants circling the lake. Each restaurant has a few bamboo bungalows so choose where you want to sit and a waitress will come over. The bungalows are free to sit in as long as you order off the menu and all the restaurants serve similar food including papaya salad and sticky rice, grilled fish, fried rice and noodles. They also have water, beer and bottles of whiskey available to buy. There are also vendors who walk around selling fruit, fried insects and ice cream.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Huay Tung Tao Lake
- Opening Hours: sunrise - sunset
- Location: 107 Don Kaeo, just off Canal Road