The Chiang Mai City Arts and Cultural Centre is located right in the middle of the Old City, just behind the Three Kings Monument. The centre is located inside the old provincial government hall in a restored building that dates back to the 1920s. For anyone interested in the history of Chiang Mai, the Arts and Cultural Centre is full of information and history about Chiang Mai’s past.
There are many different exhibitions in the centre including photos, old artefacts, maps, and an impressive audio visual display that depicts Chiang Mai’s history from the first settlers to the modern day city. There is even a small scale replica of a traditional wooden village.
The Arts and Cultural Centre was created as part of the city hall’s initiative to create a source of learning about the heritage and culture of Chiang Mai. They wanted the past to be accessible and interactive for both visitors and residents of Chiang Mai, and the Arts and Cultural Centre has been successful so far in doing that.
There is a combination ticket costing 180 Baht which gives you access to the Arts and Cultural Centre, the Historical Centre next door, and to the Lanna Folk Life Museum across the road from the Three Kings Monument.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Chiang Mai City Arts & Cultural Centre
- Opening Hours: Tuesday – Sunday 8:30 – 17:00
- Location: Prapokklao Road, Old city, Chiang Mai
- Tel: +66 (0) 53217793