Chiang Mai University has a beautiful, green campus and offers tours around the large campus on electric buses. The main entrance to the university is on Huey Kaew Road and this is the only entrance that tourists can enter. Sometimes the guards will ask for your passport or ID card to register when entering. The main gate has a small garden with colourful flowers and the university sign written in Thai. It is a popular place to pose for pictures, but be careful not to step into the street as Huey Kaew Road is a main road. Entering the university grounds you will see parking and the tourist bus stop on the left hand side. Parking for 4 hours costs 100 Baht for motorbikes and 200 Baht for cars.
The electric buses run tours of Chiang Mai University every half hour (or more during busy times). The tour costs 50 Baht for adults and 20 Bath for children. The tour takes around 40 minutes and offers a detailed description of buildings, departments, and the history of the university while customers can take pictures and see the beauty of the University. There is one stop allowing customers to get off the bus and take pictures at Angkaew Reservoir, a large artificial lake with a backdrop of Doi Pui mountain. It might sound strange that a university is a tourist attraction, but with large gardens, a reservoir and some listed buildings there is indeed plenty to see inside the grounds of Chiang Mai University.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Chiang Mai University
- Opening Hours: 9:00 – 17:00
- Location: Chiang Mai University 239, Huay Kaew Road, Muang District, Chiang Mai (Next to Chiang Mai Zoo)
- Tel: +66 (0)5 394 1300