The Chiang Mai Historical Centre is a museum in the city which presents the history of the city in a new and exciting way. While it is similar to the National Museum in Chiang Mai, the Historical Centre is conveniently located in the city centre and easy to find right in the centre of Chaing Mai Old City, opposite the Three Kings Monument. The building has been designed in Lanna style and is surrounded by a shaded garden area.
The Historical centre is a good place for children with lots of interactive displays and wax models displaying traditional life in the Kingdom. There are different language options for those who cannot speak English or Thai, and the explanations are short and informative. In the basement there is a display of ancient temple ruins, which were actually found during the building process and incorporated into the centre. The Chiang Mai Historical Centre costs 90 Baht for adults and 40 Baht for children, although there is a week long pass for three different museums available for 180 Baht for adults and 80 for children which can be bought at the centre.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Chiang Mai Historical Centre
- Opening Hours: 08:30 - 17:00 (closed Monday)
- Location: Jhaban Road, Inside the old city and behind the 3 Kings Monument
- Tel: (+66) 053 217 793