Chiang Mai Grand Canyon is a waterpark built in an abandoned limestone quarry. The quarry has been empty for many years and was naturally filled with water by monsoon rains. It became a popular swimming spot because of the natural beauty of the canyon. The water is bright blue and the canyon walls are very steep and, in the past you could jump from the top of the cliffs into the water. In August 2016, the Chiang Mai Grand Canyon waterpark was opened. It offers an inflatable obstacle course, slides, a small zipline and wakeboarding.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Chiang Mai Grand Canyon Features
Chiang Mai Grand Canyon costs 450 baht to enter, 50 baht to rent a locker and 100 baht (refundable deposit) for the locker key. The ticket price is 350 baht for children under 1.20 metres tall and, for children under 90 cm, only 90 baht. Lifejackets are given to all guests and must be worn at all times. There is no time limit on the ticket, so you can stay all day.
There is a restaurant and coffee shop at the waterpark. You can also rent towels, goggles, kayaks and inflatable water toys for an additional price. The Chiang Mai Grand Canyon waterpark is located about 20 minutes out of Chiang Mai City and can be reached by taxi, songthaew or scooter.
Recommended Hotel Nearby
Rice Barn and Rooms
Located in Hang Dong, Rice Barn and Rooms is in a rural location, a 2-minute drive from Grand Canyon Water Park and 12 minutes from Kad Farang Village.Featured amenities include express check-in, express check-out, and laundry facilities.For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and a train station pick-up service. Read More...
Chiang Mai Grand Canyon
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 18:30
- Location: 202 Moo 3, Nam Phrae, Hang Dong
- Tel: +66 (0)63 672 4007
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Grandcanyonwaterpark
- Price Range: 450 baht for adults