Sammy's Organic Thai Cooking School takes place on Sammy's organic farm about 20 minutes away from Chiang Mai. The school is set in a beautiful location and is a great way to get out of the city and see more of Thailand's countryside. Sammy starts by taking participants to a local Thai market to buy ingredients and has in depth knowledge about different herbs, types of rice and coconut milk. This is a good chance to ask about Thai spices and ingredients. Once at Sammy's Organic Thai Cooking School you can choose five different dishes to make (including spring rolls, mango and sticky rice and a choice of curries) and then Sammy will demonstrate and help you cook your own dishes. There is fresh fruit available if you start to feel hungry and at the end of the class you get to feast on what you cooked.
The cost per person is 1,000 Baht and the course lasts from around 9:00 to 16:00 or 17:00 (depending on how many participants there are and how long you spend in the hammock). At the end of the workshop Sammy gives all participants a printed cookbook so that you can go home and cook a whole range of Thai dishes yourself.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Sammy's Organic Thai Cooking School
- Location: 65 Moonmuang Road, Chiang Mai
- Tel: +66 (0) 815 709 279
- Price Range: 1,000 baht