Mae Sa Valley is a green, forested area with one main road running through it and lots of tourist activities scattered along the road. The highway 1096 runs from Mae Rim (about 10KM from Chiang Mai) to the town of Samoeng which is a popular destination for motorbike day trippers traveling the Sameong Loop. Many people stop along the way at attractions in Mae Sa Valley while other travellers visit Mae Sa Valley just for the attractions.
The X-Centre in Mae Sa Valley offers action packed activities like bungy jumping, zip lining, driving ATV's, zorbing and paint balling, and has activities for the whole family including 'Mini- extreme' for kids. There are also lots of nature orientated activities in the Mae Sa Valley such as visiting elephant camps, the Queen Sirikit Botanical Garden, Elephant Poo Poo Paper Park and the popular eight-tiered Mae Sa Waterfall. If you like animals then Mae Sa Valley has the Tiger Kingdom (where you can pose for a picture with a tiger), the Mae Rim Monkey School, Mae Sa Snake Farm and the Orchid & Butterfly Farm.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
If you want to explore the Mae Sa Valley area then it is best to rent a motorbike or car for the day. You could also rent a taxi at a daily rate (around 1,000 Baht including a driver). Most of the tour groups turn up in the mornings so visiting the main attractions around lunch time or in the afternoon means they are less crowded. There are many tour companies in Chiang Mai that can tailor trips to Mae Sa Valley depending on what you want to visit or you can take a set tour.
Mae Sa Valley
- Location: Mae Rim, Chiang Mai
- Website: http://www.chiangmai-xcentre.com