Flight of the Gibbon was the first zip lining company in Chiang Mai and currently has Asia’s longest single ‘flight’ at 800m. Located less than an hour away from Chiang Mai City, Flight of the Gibbon is right in the middle of the rainforest and has over 7km of zip lines to travel through. Safety is paramount and everyone is connected to safety ropes at all times which staff will attach and detach for you so you never have to touch them. The zip lines aren’t steep but you still pick up a moderate speed and feel the wind rushing past you. It is suitable for children and adults.
As well as popular tourist activity the zip line actually exists to support a gibbon sanctuary located in the same area. In 2007 a group of hikers found two abandoned gibbons in a cage. They rescued them and came up with the idea of a zip-lining adventure that could promote awareness and fund a rehabilitation project for gibbons into the forest. If you are lucky you might even get to see the original gibbons when ziplining.
The Flight of the Gibbon Chiang Mai experience starts at 3,999 Baht per person but can be combined with various other activities such as rafting, rock climbing or even a Segway tour of Chiang Mai city. While it is more expensive than some of the other zip line companies, it has a higher standard of safety and 10% of its profits are put into conservation projects in Thailand and right across Asia.
- Wat Doi Suthep & Hmong Hill-Tribe Village
- Doi Inthanon National Park Tour
- Ping River Dinner Cruise
- Khantoke Dinner with Traditional Dance Performance
- Old City Half-Day Bike Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- 2-Day Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining
- Full-Day Countryside Bike Tour with Lunch
- Aroy Aroy Thai Cooking School & Market Tour
- Full-Day Excursion to Chiang Rai & Golden Triangle
Flight of the Gibbon
- Opening Hours: 07:00 – 17:00
- Location: Ban Mae Kampong, Chiang Mai Province
- Tel: +66 (0)53 010 660
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/FlightOfTheGibbon
- Price Range: 4,199 baht per person